Saturday 1 August 2015

Magical Disneyland: Layout for Scrap Africa DT

Hello there! Happy weekend to you all, and happy August! Here's my layout for the Scrap Africa Sketch Challenge #56.



Here's the sketch!



It was really fun to work with a circular photo, and that inspired me to use also the circular beams stencil in my background.



Another detail shot of the background. The first thing I did was patterns with two different stencils and modeling paste.



I was also inspired by the 123 Get Scrappy! challenge, which unfortunately runs for the last time this month. My chosen bingo row is Sparkle, Grey Background and Banner.


I really took on the Sparkle part and had fun with different ways of adding sparkle, glam and glitter!





Banners make up a part of the layout title.





I had had these glittery rub-ons forever and now was a perfect time to use them up! They made me think of the thorns in Sleeping Beauty's castle.





I also used some pale pink microbeads here and there...



And just a few flowers, glossy buttons and a chipboard piece I did with paint and clear embossing powder.



And a thorny red velvet tape for a final touch under the title banners!

2 comments:

  1. Wow I love this the background is amazing and the embellishing is gorgeous thanks for joining us at 123 Get Scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning!!! So many gorgeous details to look at!! The background colour and texture, that cute banner, the glitter rub-ons.... Yummy!! Thanks for joining our last challenge at 123 GS :)

    ReplyDelete