Monday 7 November 2016

Dark Green and Hexagons: Autumn Tag for Scrap Africa Sketch 80

Hi! November is here, and it's Scrap Africa sketch time! (Sorry for posting late!)



I was happy to work with this one since I love hexagons.



I've been admiring the cool mixed media tags that people do and wanted to give it a try.

I started by colouring two manila coloured tags with Distress Inks. I often choose to work on more than one piece, especially if it's something fairly small or something I haven't tried before. If one does not work out, there'll still be the other, and maybe it works better in one colour than the other.



I recently got some Prima Resist Canvas Shapes and this is the first time using them! I dyed them with mists and let them drying. Next, I cut hexagons in different sizes, and gave some of them a glossy finish with the Glossy Accents glue. The canvas shapes and hexies would take pretty long to dry and it suited me fine to leave them overnight.



I then went on making layers for the tag backgrounds. I stamped with two different text stamps and heat embossed them using Lindy's Stamp Gang Midnight Teal powder. I also used thin gold-foil striped washi tape and acrylic inks.



Next, I arranged the hexies and swirls in place, adding some white and dark blue sewing thread.



And on top of it, I had these really pretty cardboard and vellum poppy flowers. I still wanted to add a bit of something so I glued some micro pearls on the flower and some Perfect Pearls and Stickles onto the flower and on the side.



Thank you so much for taking a look! I hope to see you again here and of course joining the challenge at Scrap Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment